JHawk has been used in a significant number of academic studies on Java metrics. Links to a number of these references are provided here. Some of these will require you to be a subscriber to the service or a member of an academic institution that has library access to the original documents. Copyright laws forbid us from putting up the original documents but if you have access to an academic library (either physical or online) you should be able to see the originals.You may also find that by searching for the title or the authors that the paper has been posted elsewhere.
- A Fuzzy Approach for Integrated Measure of Object-Oriented Software Testability. Gupta, Aggarwal, Singh. Journal of Computer Science 1(2) pp276-282. 2005
- OOMeter: A Software Quality Assurance Tool - Alghamdi, J.S.; Rufai, R.A.; Khan, S.M. - Software Maintenance and Reengineering, 2005. CSMR 2005. Ninth European Conference. Volume , Issue , 21-23 March 2005 Page(s): 190 - 191
- Assessing Software Product Maintainability Based on Class-Level Structural Measures in Product-Focused Software Process Improvement (Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 4034/2006 - Springer Berlin / Heidelberg). Hans Christian Benestad, Bente Anda and Erik Arisholm. 2006
- Predicting Fault-prone Components in a Java Legacy System - Erik Arisholm and Lionel C. Briand. 2006
- Data Mining Techniques for Building Fault-proneness Models in Telecom Java Software. Erik Arisholm, Lionel C. Briand, Magnus J. Fuglerud. 2007
- Object-Oriented Design Quality Metrics -Magnus Andersson, Patrik Vestergren. 2007. Masters Thesis, Uppsala University
- Measuring the Effects of Design patterns - David Kemp. Presentation, Melbourne patterns. 2007
- An Approach to Measure Java Code
Quality in Reuse Environment - Aline Timóteo. 2008. Presentation
- Predictable Software Quality:
Complexity and Security Concerns - Cagatay CATAL - 2008.
- An Empirical Study of Evolution of Inheritance in Java OSS - E. Nasseri, S. Counsell and M. Shepperd. 2008
- Proceedings of the 2008 international symposium on Software testing and analysis, Seattle, WA, USA. SESSION: Metrics and threads, Pages 131-142. 2008. Rüdiger Lincke, Jonas Lundberg, Welf Löwe - School of Mathematics and Systems Engineering, Växjö University, Växjö, Sweden
- Does an 80:20 rule apply to Java coupling?
Asma Mubarak, Steve Counsell, and Robert M. Hierons. 2009. Paper at 13th International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE), Durham University, UK, 20 - 21 April 2009.
- An Empirical Study of Fan-In and Fan-Out in Java OSS
E.Nasseri, S.Counsell, E.Tempero. 2010. 2010 Eighth ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications, Montreal, Canada, 24 - 26 May 2010.
- On the Quality of Examples in Introductory Java Textbooks
JÜRGEN BÖRSTLER, MARIE NORDSTRÖM, JAMES H PATERSON, 2011. ACM Transactions on Computing Education (TOCE), Volume 11 Issue 1, February 2011
- A Longitudinal Study of Fan-In and Fan-Out Coupling in Open-Source Systems , Asma Mubarak (Brunel University, UK), Steve Counsell (Brunel University, UK), Robert M. Hierons (Brunel University, UK), International Journal of Information System Modeling and Design, 2(4), 1-26, October-December 2011
- An investigation on the impact of MDE on software reuse ,Daniel Lucredio (Computing Department Federal University of Sao Carlos), Eduardo Santana de Almeida (Department of Computer Science Federal University of Bahia), Renata P. M. Fortes (Institute of Mathematical and Computer Sciences - University of Sao Paulo), 2012
- Predicting Vulnerable Classes in an Android Application , Riccardo Scandariato (KU Leuven), James Walden (Northern Kentucky University), 2012
- Classifying Code Changes and Predicting Defects
Using Change Genealogies, Kim Herzig, Sascha Just, Andreas Rau, Andreas Zeller, Saarland University, 2013
- Re-visiting the 'Maintainability Index' Metric from an Object-Oriented Perspective. S. Counsell,X. Liu,S. Eldh,R. Tonelli,M. Marchesi,G. Concas,A. Murgia. 2015 41st Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA). pp84-87. 2015
- An exploration of the 'introduce explaining variable' refactoring. S. Counsell, X. Liu, S. Swift, J. Buckley, S. Herold, S. Eldh,A. Ermedahl. Scientific Workshop Proceedings of the XP2015
Article No. 9. ACM New York, NY, USA ©2015. ISBN: 978-1-4503-3409-9.
- Beauty and the Beast: on the readability of object-oriented example programs. Jurgen Borstler,Michael E. Caspersen,Marie Nordstrom. Software Qual J Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015.
- Data Collection for Software Defect Prediction - an Exploratory Case Study of Open Source Software Projects. Goran Mausa, Tihana Galinac Grbac, Bojana Dalbelo Basic. 2015
- Hybrid Intelligent Model for Software Maintenance Prediction. Abdulrahman Ahmed Bobakr Baqais, Mohammad Alshayeb, and Zubair A. Baig
Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2013 Vol I,WCE 2013, July 3 - 5, 2013, London, U.K.
- Rotation Forest in Software Defect Prediction.
GORAN MAUSA, Faculty of Engineering, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia,
NIKOLA BOGUNOVIC, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb,
TIHANA GALINAC GRBAC, Faculty of Engineering, University of Rijeka,
BOJANA DALBELO BASIC, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb. SQUAMIA 2015
You may be interested in some of our other products. All have demo or trial versions. Just click on the links below to find out more -
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.